How to Get Your Mail Organised
Here are a few quick tips to help you start managing your mail clutter.
- Don’t sit the mail on the bench and say “I will come back and sort it out later”.
- When bringing the mail in from the mail box, open it straight away (standing over the bin), throwing out the envelopes and any junk mail/magazines.
- Ask yourself, “will I really read this catalogue or newspaper”?
- Once you have a pile of relevant mail, you then need to decide what action to take. Many people keep catalogues, saying that they will read it later, but they never do.
- Set a timeframe in which you must read the item and then throw it out. Take the mail out of the kitchen and into your “office” space.
- If your kitchen bench is going to be clutter free, it is really important to get into a good habit about managing your mail.
Until next time, Happy Organising
By Natalie Morey, Professional Organiser